The Groes Inn’s well-groomed pub is a relaxed affair, popular with locals and guests alike. As well as a changing roster of regional beers, tried and tested favourites from award-winning brewery JW Lees, you’ll find our very own Dragon’s Fire special blend of ale on tap, alongside a tempting selection of fine wines and classic tipples.
The Groes Inn is proudly the first licensed house in Wales, (1573) and our bar is everything you’d like from a traditional Welsh pub: rustic and cosy in equal measures with a roaring fire and a very hearty menu. There are also tables outside for sun-blessed days. The Groes Inn prides itself on being a place where “old world” charm and character and great hospitality come together in a rather handsome way. In our handpicked wine list, naturally you’ll find a dapper selection of the time-honoured favourites but these sit comfortably alongside some no-nonsense rising stars from the New World. Just give us a shout if you’d like a personal recommendation to match your meal.
Christmas Opening Hours
- Christmas Eve - Food 12pm to 7:30pm / Bar 12pm to 10:30pm
- Christmas Day - Food 12pm to 4:30pm / Bar 12pm to 7:30pm
- Boxing Day - Food 12pm to 7:30pm / Bar 12pm to 7:30pm
- New Years Eve - Food 12pm to 3pm / Bar 12pm to 1am
- Monday to Sunday, 11am - 11pm
Food Service Hours
- Monday to Saturday - 7.30am until 9pm, Sunday - 8pm until 8pm